I am pleased to announce details about a brand new and innovative conference focused on health in older men. The event will be held at Anfield, the home of Liverpool Football Club (but please do not let this put you off!). The conference will bring together a range of speakers that will help provide real insight into ‘picking up older men’ (or recruiting) and working with older men to help them make ‘real’ behaviour and lifestyle changes. Without doubt, this is a welcome addition to the calender for those working in health and social care for older men.
See the post on the Older Men’s Network here
This is: A FREE CONFERENCE ON OLDER MEN’S HEALTH AND WELL BEING
Aim: to explore the innovative work and partnerships developed over the last 6 years by the Age UK “fit as a fiddle – Older Men’s project”.
The line-up includes:
- Older men and Diabetes-Prof. Alan Sinclair (Director of IDOP)
- Working with Ex Seafarers -Trevor Goacher (CEO MSWM Society)
- Older Men’s Mental Well Being-Simon Lawton Smith (Mental Health Foundation)
- Older Gay Men-Drew Drake (AC Central Lancashire)
- Older Men and Sports Clubs- Dr David Richardson (LJMU)
- Older Men with Dementia-Chris Wilkins (Sporting Memories Network)
- Older Men and Physical Activity-Bob Laventure (BHF National Centre for Physical Activity and Health)
- Scottish Men and Sheds-Brian Sloan (Chief Executive AGE SCOTLAND)
- Older Men in Care Older-Paul Mancey (CEO Orchard Care Homes)
- Men and Comedy John Ryan (Award Winning Comedy)
- Facilitator – Roger Jones – National Older Men’s Network
Lunch and Refreshments provided
To book a place – contact Roger@oldermenswellbeing.org
Call 07833 715753
Follow on Twitter @oldermenshealth
Places are limited, so book ASAP to avoid dissapointment.